blog background 2011

Friday, April 6, 2012

Something To Get Egg-cited about!

Yes, I did.  I just had to use that pun.  But this time of year is always egg-citing for me.  It's a time of year that reminds me that I have an eternal home waiting for me in heaven with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!  That's the most important thing, but in addition to that, I love boiling, dyeing and eating eggs!  I was that kid that never got enough of them.  I knew we would have deviled eggs on Sunday and I could not wait.

I remember my favorite Easter was the year my Mom let me have two pair of shoes.  Oh she was the best!  I was not that fond of always having to get only one pair andespecially since they HAD to be white.  But that year was different, I talked her into letting me have this pair of yellow patent shoes.  I was really something special that year.  The classic white eyelet Easter dress with a drop waist and yellow ribbon and my YELLOW shoes.  What could be better than that?

But wait there's more!  I got a pale yellow polka dotted swiss dress too!  My bedroom got a fresh coat of paint that spring too .... lemon custard yellow.  So now I'll give you two guesses what my favorite flavor of Baskin Robbins ice cream was ... yup ... lemon custard icecream.  And I am sure you want to know why I am so egg-cited? 

Well, I love polka dots and Close To My Heart is celebrating National Scrapbook Month withDotty for You!  Find out more in the video in my previous post!

No comments:

Post a Comment